If you have any information regarding the children listed on this website please contact DCFS or Law Enforcement; DCFS: 1-800-540-4000
Share these rules with your children:
- Before I go anywhere, I always check first with my parents or the person in charge. I tell them where I am going, how I will get there, who will be going with me, and when I'll be back.
- I check first for permission from my parents before getting into a car or leaving with anyone, even someone I know. I check first before changing plans or accepting money, gifts, or drugs without my parents' knowledge.
- It is safer for me to be with other people when going places or playing outside. I always use the "buddy system."
- I say "NO" if someone tries to touch me in ways that make me feel frightened, uncomfortable or confused. Then I go and tell a grown-up I trust what happened.
- I know it is not my fault if someone touches me in a way that is not O.K. I don't have to keep secrets about those touches.
- I trust my feelings and talk to grown-ups about problems that are too big for me to handle on my own. A lot of people care about me and will listen and believe me. I am not alone.
- It is never too late to ask for help. I can keep asking until I get the help I need.